The Coronavirus (COVID-19) is poised to do some things to
Christians that years of articles, sermons, blogs,
and podcasts have failed to do. As a result of the virus,
and resulting quarantine, we may find ourselves forced to:
Spend more time together as families at home and stop
running the rat race.
• Focus on our older generation and making sure they are
well cared for during this time.
• Pray more fervently.
• We may find ourselves craving Christian fellowship and
not taking it for granted.
• Focus our minds on what is truly important in this life.
• With more time on their hands and less “events” to go to,
people may open their Bibles or religious books–relying
less on the 30-minute sermon to be their only spiritual
• We might find ourselves calling and checking on members
more often–treating each other like a true Christian family.
• Not let things like March Madness become a form of
idolatry in our lives.
• Christians might discover ways to truly be a light in their
community as people start needing things and needing
care.We might be more willing to talk about Jesus and eternity.
I’m sure there’s more. Yes, there are negative things about a
Pandemic. But for the Christian, things like this just remind us that
this world is not our home! Maybe…just maybe, this whole thing
will draw more people closer to God.