God doesn’t care!
But wait! The Scripture says, “Cast all of your care upon Him, for He cares for you” (1 Peter 5:7).
That’s true! But it is also true that God DOESN’T care about some things – some of the very things about which WE care. Recently, Brett Petrillo wrote about some things concerning which God doesn’t care. Here is part of his list (slightly adapted): *
- · God doesn’t care how many Facebook friends we have. His concern is that we are friends of Jesus. Jesus said, “If you love Me, keep My commandments” (John 14:15).
- · God doesn’t care how many Twitter followers we have. He only cares that we deny ourselves, take up our cross daily, and follow Him (Luke 9:23).
- · God doesn’t care about the number of minutes on our cell phone plans. He cares more about how many minutes we spend talking with Him (1 Thess 5:17; Eph 6:18).
- · God doesn’t care about the important celebrities and athletes we know. His primary concern is that we know Him and the Truth (1 Tim 2:3-4).
- · God doesn’t care if we have the fanciest watch. His wants us to use our time wisely (Eph 5:16).
- · God doesn’t care if we wear the latest fashion or best clothes. He wants us to be clothed with Christ (Gal 3:26-27).
- · God doesn’t care about the size of our homes or how much money we have. He wants us to realize that material things don’t last, so we need to lay up treasures in heaven (Matt 6:19-21; 1 Tim 6:17-19).
- · God doesn’t care what work we do. He wants us to do all things in His service and to His glory (Col 3:23-24).
- · God doesn’t care about the color of our skin. He cares about the content of our character (Gal 5:22-23).
God doesn’t care about a lot of things that we care about!
But God DOES care about us! He cares about us so much that He gave His Son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins so that we might have forgiveness of our sins and eternal life (John 3:16; Eph 1:7).
What God cares about MOST is… that He wants each of us to accept His offer of salvation and life by placing our faith and trust in Him (Acts 16:30-31), turning from our sins in repentance (Acts 17:30-31), confessing Him before men (Romans 10:9-10), and being baptized (immersed) into Christ for the forgiveness of our sins (Acts 2:38).
Brett Petrillo concluded his list by saying, “This life is all about the Lord and our relationship with Him. This is what God really cares about!:
God primarily cares about your relationship with Him